V-Orange (web-based app) is Viessmann Manufacturing (CA) curated portal for homeowners, installers/contractors, and administration to access important tools and information. It was created to replace the VitoApp (native app) used by contractors and installers to:
- Register product
- Find and register for Academy classes
- Access user manuals
- Order marketing materials
- Find important forms
- Contact support
- Rewards program
To begin we used a variety of research methods to be able to assess current user engagement with the native Vito App. Our key findings came from
– Using statistic from WordPress
– User Surveys
– Ethnographic research
VitoApp was built in WordPress by a third-party developer. While the app was useful for a lot of contractors there was many insights that were problematic that we aimed to fix by transitioning to a web based app.
- administrative personnel processing warranty claims and product registration from their offices was cumbersome.
- Contractors working in remote areas could not register product (lack of data/wi-fi)
- Viessmann internal personal were reliant on third party developers to make changes
- Many of the administrative and back end work flows were managed in archaic methods
By establishing a current system architecture of the VitoApp we were able to begin to build key forms for the web based app.
Key Performance Indicators
- Warranty Registration
- Usage (Login)
- Retention Rate
- Lifetime Usage
- Google Analytics
To create a more user friendly work-flow the VitoApp was migrated from a Native app to a Web-Based app. By doing so this installer and contractors have more flexibility between mobile and desktop.
V-Orange was created with third-party developers to migrate existing native app, VitoApp, to a web-based app V-Orange.
V-Orange is a form builder created to implement and update digital workflows. By improving on existing workflows
By creating a web based app we were able to combine important tools such as the Academy Registration, Rewards Program, Manuals, Product registration, into a one stop shop tool box for contractors, installers, and administration.